Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Set Up

Hello there. This being my first post, I think I should tell you about myself and the set up of this blog.

I am a fifteen-year-old girl-- erm --woman who has been role playing for 4+ years. I was taught by one of the masters, LysKitsune, a.k.a. NightsDawne on FanFiction.net. I was taught to only role play things that were in character to the person I was acting as. I grew to respect literacy and cherish those who use it. My skills have led me to become the mod of several sites and the author of over 53,5000 words of published, literate fan fics, my longest being 'Geomancy' at a length of 10,177 words. I have never gotten a comlaint on the role playing, other than one accusation of being a god-moder after dodging ONE attack.

I have never been one to come up with a lot of original characters as much as I have been one to play canon characters in a way that makes everything... fall into place, so to speak. I refuse to role play with other characters that
have been made for the sole purpose of screwing the brains out of mine. Sorry, it doesn't work that way for me.

I despise Mary-Sues and Marty-Stues. DESPISE THEM. It become so hard to role play with anyone because of the fear that they might have one of those ready to pounce out of nowhere and crash the rp. I fear that the mighty Amber Rose-Tyler-Scott will come and instantly fall in love with my OC and try to steal my heart by just saying, "I LUFT JOO HAVE SECHS WITH ME NOWW...!" and having a seizure if I ignore her. OR WORSE, claiming she's my long lost clone/sister/twin/mother from the past/creation of light/etc. So I've settled into the fact that the rest of the role playing world has been over thrown by the Sue-thers and have slipped into the caves of the original role players.

Now onto the blog...

This blog if for anything I might want to talk about relating to role play in any form, but I will mostly be focusing on casting canon and original characters. Might I also say that not all the characters I post are ones that I play. If I find an actor or actress that fits a role of a character I know, then I'll post it.

No comments: